I explain the details & reasons behind everything on my brand SHOP Ashlee Craft’s new logo.
Our new logo! First off, I didn’t really have an official logo. Second, I wanted a cute, playful logo that represents what my brand has become.
Here’s the why behind every part of the logo:
- DINOSAURS. I LOVE dinosaurs & they’re super funky & wonderful, so I knew I needed to put one in my logo. I own so much awesome dinosaur stuff. Dinosaurs are effing adorable & they’re so weird & I love them.
- BALLOONS. Balloons are super cute (& I think I was inspired to add them partially because of what a cheerful symbol they are in the movie Christoper Robin). Originally they were just going to be regular balloons, because HEY! WHAT’S BETTER THAN A DINOSAUR HOLDING A BUNCH OF BALLOONS? But then I realized there actually WAS something better. BALLOONS WITH CUTE FACES. And the colors of the balloons are based on my favorite rainbow color scheme, which I have used in other designs like my “I Love the Universe” design & my “It’s All Uphill From Here“.
- THE KITE. Originally there was going to be a fifth balloon, but at the last minute I thought about my own joy from flying kites (especially on the beach just as the moon is coming out) so I put one in the middle with a rainbow, so the kite itself could be blue (to complete the rainbow-esque yellow/red/purple/pink color scheme from the balloons) & because rainbows are a symbol of joy, vibrant living, magic, playfulness, funkiness, the LGBTQIA+ community, hope, & my own little special world. Kites also have those wonderful kite bows, which I love drawing.
- THE FONT. Quicksand (a free Google Font!) is the font for the text, because it’s one of my absolute favorite fonts, text is black because yellow + black is one of my favorite contrast color combos.
- THE CIRCLE. The circle is yellow obviously because yellow is my favorite color EVER, & the shape is round because it’s a nice happy shape & it makes it look like the sun. And the yellow sun shape reminds me on a subconscious level of the white sun circle in Neil Innes’ totally weird but awesome “Concrete Jungle Boy” music video, now that I think of it 😂
I’m totally happy with how the logo turned out & I love how bright & funky & playful it is! 🌈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💖🖤
You must be logged in to post a comment.