Publication Date :: February 28, 2018
Paperback 28 Pages
Genre :: Coloring Books
Publication Date :: February 28, 2018
What I did the week of May 6 – 12 to make my life awesome.
- Made 5 blog posts.
- Published 1 YouTube video (Episode 046 of The Ashlee Craft Show)
- Recorded a new song for my upcoming album!
- Posted 4 Instagram photos.
- Looked into getting better bin cages for my three crested geckos! Researched this idea & learned how to make them.
- Edited more of my upcoming Epic Florida Road Trip book!
- Improved more of my Shopify store as part of my remodeling of it. Finished adding all current products to the new, more specific categories!
- Drew 8 illustrations for my upcoming book.
- Listened to The Beach Boys album “Endless Summer” on vinyl for the first time.
GUYS! I am going to Tampa’s 🦎REPTICON🦎 this weekend & I’m super excited! Like SUPER EXCITED! I’ve been dreaming about this for months & I’m almost counting off the hours until I get to go (& annoying my family by constantly talking about it 🤣).
I don’t know what I’m getting yet, but I do know I am getting something (maybe more than one something) (hopefully more than one). My first time at Repticon, I was so overwhelmed by all the awesome things to see that I didn’t look at every species every vendor was selling. I also didn’t know much about the reptile hobby, the species offered, or any species I might be interested in owning sometime, so I didn’t know what I was looking for anyways. So this time I plan on looking at EVERYTHING & making notes on who’s selling what & what the prices are & getting business cards for NEXT TIME.
A lot of my flowchart above is based on the fact that I don’t really know what to expect as far as prices, especially prices for particular morphs. So what I get will depend on what prices I can find on the things I like, how I feel about the seller of that particular thing at that price range, the specific animals they have for sale, what OTHER SPECIES are for sale at Repticon, & whether anything looks at me with its cute little eyes 😍. (Seriously though, I’d never buy something I didn’t know how to care for & hadn’t researched no matter how cute its little eyes were).
Most likely, I will come home with some type of gecko (I’m particularly interested in African Fat-Tailed Geckos & Gargoyle Geckos, but if I found a pretty crested I might get it) & either a second gecko (for a different cage because I’m not into cohabbing them), some sort of frog (like a cool Pacman Frog), Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, millipedes, gerbils, or even a tortoise! Of course there is a chance I could get something else on this list.
My plan is this: walk around once & look at EVERYTHING but quickly, & skip over things I’m definitely not getting but look at every species & price on things I’m considering, narrow down what I’m buying, buy those things, walk around again & get more details on things & look more at things I might get someday but not NOW, & finally buy the dubia roaches & any bedding or supplies I need.
Because I don’t know what I’m getting, I have been stockpiling general supplies. I bought some more thermostats, I have a heat lamp fixture currently without a bulb (the fixture can also be used with a CHE because it’s ceramic so I’m all set), I have several heating pads, various containers for plastic bin cages, bowls, tanks, etc. I totally plan on going to buy some stuff when I get back home from the show because I know I will most likely need something (if nothing else, I need more plants/hides because I have no extras).
The thing is, usually in the months leading up to Repticon, I have an idea of what I’m going to get. I research the heck out of a species, am totally into getting it, etc. But then a few weeks before I freak out, decide NOT to get the species I was going to get, & then begin extensively researching another species. Last time (aka my first Repticon) I was totally going to get a redfoot tortoise. But then I freaked out about how much care a hatchling requires & a month before the show, I got into & researched crested geckos.
This time, I was totally going to get a Kenyan Sand Boa. Then I realized my mom REALLY doesn’t like snakes. Then I was going to get a Peters Banded Skink, but I balked at that because that are almost always wild-caught & I don’t feel confident in caring for something trickier at this point. So then I began researching all types of things, especially the things with the colored dots on the flowchart above.
One thing I do know: I am DEFINITELY getting some dubia roaches. I am going to breed them as feeders for my critters so I can save money & control the nutrition my pets are getting. Also, crickets are kind of annoying (because they die all the time). I already built the dubia roach cage & I will keep it in a closet.
One OTHER thing I know: I am not bringing home any snakes, spiders, scorpions, mice, rats, or sugar gliders. I promised my mom that. She doesn’t like everything on that list except sugar gliders, & I’m not into getting any gliders at the moment).
Other than that, I can’t make any promises 😏.
Keep an eye on my social media profiles (Instagram, this blog, & YouTube mostly) so you can find out what cool critters I bring home! Also I’ll be taking tons of cool photos, cool videos, & make some more awesome Repticon posts so keep watching this blog for those! 🦎🐸🐢🤩💕🐢🐸🦎
What I did the week of April 29 – May 5 to make my life awesome.
- Decided to live my life by this idea: “If I were living an exceptional life, would I do this?”
- Finished writing & PUBLISHED a new book – 50 Adorable Moose Facts!
- Cleaned a lot in my house to get ready for moving & to become more of a minimalist.
- Colored 3 pages worth of the illustrations for my upcoming Apple iMessage sticker app! Edited the images & began working on app.
- Published 2 YouTube videos (Episode 045 of The Ashlee Craft Show & a video of my dog eating a taco) using my new microphone, so the sound quality is much better!
- Watched Jim Rohn’s The Art of Exceptional Living
- Looked up some prices for travel plans I have for this year.
- Made a big list of goals for this year, a really nice updated one!
- Researched best disinfectants for reptile cages other than bleach.
- Did research on some more pet reptiles I’m interested in getting.
- Made 2 Instagram posts.
- Made 1 illustration for my upcoming book.
- Did a lot of editing on my Epic Florida Road Trip Book.
- Saw Bobby Lee Rodgers Trio, Blackfoot, Jimmie Vaughn, & Lynyrd Skynyrd in concert at the MidFlorida Credit Unit Ampitheatre.
- Worked on updating my Shopify store with new product categories!
What I did the week of April 22 thru 28 to make my life AMAZING.
- Worked a lot on revamping & expanding my Shopify store. Shoutout to the Shopify plugin Buddha MegaMenu for allowing me to make sub-sub-categories for my menu!
- Came up with a great idea for a new sticker app, which you’ll hear about soon! Drew all the stickers for it!
- Drew more illustrations for one of my upcoming books!
- Drew 1 new design & numerous illustrations.
- Made 5 Instagram posts.
- Practiced being more sociable, opening up to people more, & not over-monitoring what I’m doing when interacting with people (that’s been a big problem of mine for a long time).
- Helped my mom harvest vegetables from our yard. They were so good!
- Cleaned & organized all my craft supply bins to make it easier for me to find them.
- Had fun running around inside Life.
- Saw Carl Palmer’s ELP Legacy & Alan Parsons Project in concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall!
- Thought a lot about how to make life more fun & how to live by fun as a principle.
- Worked a lot on revamping my Shopify store by doing a MAJOR redesign & expansion of the categories to prepare for TONS OF NEW PRODUCTS we’re adding soon!
- Published 2 YouTube videos (Episode 043 of The Ashlee Craft Show & a video about my first time at the skatepark).
- Made 5 Instagram posts.
- Wrote 3 poems.
- Published 1 blog post.
- Made list of marketing ideas.
- Researched some new cool things I’d like to get more into & add to my repertoire.
- Researched “shadowbanned” Instagram hashtags so I can avoid them.
- Went to a skatepark for the first time & got awesome footage for a video!
What I did the week of April 8 – 14 to make my life awesome.
- Published 2 YouTube videos (an episode of The Ashlee Craft Show & the first video in my Produce Exploration series, about Rome Apples). Made video intro for Produce Exploration show.
- Learned & did tons of research on dropshipping. Brainstormed a ton of ideas about things I want to try with this & new ideas for products. Read the Shopify dropshipping guide.
- Made list of companies I can do illustrations for.
- Made 1 new design
- Ordered the free Shopify card chip reader that plugs into your phone so soon I can sell things in person & not just online.
- Wrote & published 1 blog post.
- Connected with 1 new person!
- Made 4 Instagram posts.
- Added 24 new products to SHOP Ashlee Craft & released 1 new design on Society6.
- Sent out one marketing newsletter to my email list.
- Planned a new book I’m working on.
- Bought another awesome enamel pin from PinPartyPost for my enamel pin collection.
- Made 1 art collage.
- Sent an illustration to one person I want to connect with to add value to them & sent them a friend request.
- Bought some stuff I needed in order to make some new products I’ll be releasing soon!
- Saw Jimmy Buffet + The Eagles concert at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, FL.
- Cleaned a lot in my house to get closer to my minimalism goals, including 85+ books to donate.
///// WORDS /////
it doesn’t matter what words you use
they all mean the same thing
it’s always great when people ban together
against the same force which tries to outsmart teamwork
it is all planned out beautifully; I am now
strong enough to make it all happen
beautiful music drifted through speakers
& sanctified the rain
the pink candle was lit; shadows of flames
danced & the window was open
I looked around at euphoric basic everyday moments
& finally felt happy
lying in a hammock on the summertime porch
thinking about the meaning of sunlight
///// YOU WILL BE MORE THAN OKAY /////
I know you are afraid of being broken;
that there is something wrong with you for feeling like this
you’re afraid that you will never really know what it’s like to be happy;
but you will be more than okay
you’re afraid that you will always be lonely;
the darkness comes around & tries to suffocate you still from time to time
but look how it’s so much better than it used to be;
you are going to be more than okay
the night isn’t quite as dark as it seems;
stars twinkle, stars shine, the moon is your mother watching down over you
night music of crickets; the whole night is there to comfort you;
you will be more than okay
look how much stronger you are now: a year makes such a difference;
& look how strong you are becoming even though you always thought yourself weak
you did the impossible, all along you had it inside of you;
& you are going to be more than okay
the sharks are sleeping in their beds; the night is illuminated by candles;
you do not walk alone; you believe now that you deserve real & lasting happiness
there is nothing for you to fear – you are the captain of your soul, you can do this –
take comfort & know
you are going to be more than okay