OVERVIEW: Published 3 books, released a new song, released another comedy video, had something I created published in one of my favorite magazines (which was also the first time something I created appeared in any magazine at all!), saw 4 different musicians in concert, finished reading 15 books, bought a really awesome shark kite, went blueberry picking for the first time, got my first passport, saw a meteor randomly for the first time in my adult life, & much more.
CREATIVITY & BUSINESS
- BOOKS: Published 3 books (EPIC FLORIDA ROAD TRIP: THE PHOTO ALBUMS – DAY 1: Myakka River State Park, Sanibel Island, & Naples, Learning Colors with Cute Llamas, Alive & Thriving)
- MUSIC: Released 1 new song (“I’m Goin’ Out to Be Free“, from my album “Down Past the Fountains”)
- Something I created was published in a magazine for the first time ever! The magazine was Friday Magazine, one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES, & this super-fun tutorial of mine is what I created for it! You can find my tutorial in Issue 3 of Friday Magazine!
- Filmed & released another comedy video – What Happens When Sandhill Cranes Cross the Road?
- Wrote 19 poems.
- Went on a mini road trip in my local area & took almost all the rest of my photos for the local film photography book I am working on! Really excited, as this is something I’ve been putting off for pretty close to a year now & I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT! Saw a bonus roadside dinosaur that I had never seen before too while driving through a neighborhood, so I was really excited because I LOVE roadside dinosaurs.
- Began writing several new books.
- Released KIDS CLOTHES on SHOP Ashlee Craft for the first time ever!
- Created 100+ new subcategories on SHOP Ashlee Craft to hold some amazing upcoming products that’ll be released soon!
- Applied for more acting jobs.
- Listed my domain, “www.coffeeandsucculents.com” for sale on GoDaddy’s auction site, so if anyone is interested in buying it, go ahead & make an offer on it!
- Contacted someone about vending at an awesome local art event!
- Saw Jackson Browne in concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL.
- Saw KISS in concert at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, FL on their farewell tour & it was absolutely AMAZING.
- Saw The Temptations in concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL.
- Saw The Four Tops in concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL.
- Went to Culver’s for the first time! Got a chocolate concrete mixer with M&M’s & raspberries added to it as my toppings & also tried their fried cheese curds. One of the staff there taught me about the difference between custard & ice cream!
- Ate in the Sam’s Club Food Court for the first time! Got a soft pretzel & it was really good.
- Got something from the Wawa food counter for the first time! Got a veggie sub with garlic aioli & mayo chup plus roasted red peppers & it was SO GOOD. Also, garlic aioli is like my favorite thing ever.
- Got a Wawa doughnut for the first time too! It had sprinkles on it.
- Ate Salt & Vinegar pork rinds for the first time!
- Ate a Peep Donut from Dunkin Donuts for the first time!!!
- Finally bought the peanut butter & jelly that comes in the same container together for the first time in probably a decade & a half (aka, the first time in my adult life)
- Tried Lays Electric Sea Salt Lime potato chips for the first time!
- Tried Walmart brand regular jelly beans for the first time.
- Ate Pillsbury bunny face Easter cookies for the first time.
- Tried Cookie Crisp cereal for the first time.
- My dad made a really great blueberry cheesecake cobbler with puff pastry & it was so amazing.
- Ate a strawberry cheesecake Chobani yogurt flip for the first time.
- Ate raspberry chocolate Milano cookies from Pepperidge Farm for the first time.
- Ate cotton candy Peeps marshmallows for the first time.
- Ate High Road Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream for the first time!
- Got Trix cereal for the first time in my adult life.
- Ate neon gummy lifesavers for the first time!
- Bought Walmart brand cheese whiz for the first time & really liked it!
- Drank Tropicana Orange Mango juice for the first time!
- Ate a pistachio tahini bar for the first time!
- Ate blue raspberry Peep marshmallows for the first time!
- Had a Saffron Road Green Curry Chicken microwave meal for the first time!
- Drank Promised Land chocolate milk for the first time in a long time!
- Ate Sam’s Club cinnamon rolls for the first time!
- Got some good samples at Sam’s Club too – a chocolate strawberry & citrus salmon!
- My sister gave me a chocolate egg with a DOUGHNUT SHOPKIN inside!!!
- Ate cheese Sun Chip crisps for the first time!
- Drank Great American blackberry sparkling water for the first time.
- Ate birthday cake Cookie Crisp cereal for the first time.
- Ate “chicken dipping sauce” for the first time & loved it!
- Tried hazelnut spread M & M’s for the first time!
- Drank Apple Bubly Water for the first time!
- Ate Winn-Dixie pizza for the first time.
- Ate a Saffron Road Mango Thai Chicken Bowl microwave meal for the first time!
- Ate nacho flavored pea puffs for the first time!
- Ate part of the Palmers rainbow sprinkle Easter white chocolate rabbit for the first time!
- STARTED READING: (* means a re-read; everything else is new to me). The Umbrella Academy Volume 1: Apocolypse Suite (Gerard Way & Gabriel Ba), 29 Gifts (Cami Walker), The Millionaire Mind (Thomas J. Stanley), May Cause Miracles (Gabrielle Bernstein), The Good Neighbor: The Life & Work of Fred Rogers (Maxwell King), National Geograhic Kids: Bees (Laura Marsh), National Geograhic Kids: Bees (Laura Marsh)*, Wicca (Scott Cunningham), Rising Strong as a Spiritual Practice (Brene Brown), Gratitude Daily (Nataly Korgan), The Millionaire Mind (Thomas J. Stanley)*, Hello, Universe (Erin Entrada Kelly), Bats (Gail Gibbons), See it in Spanish, Say it in Spanish (Margarita Madrigal). TOTAL: 14
- FINISHED READING: (* means a re-read; everything else is new to me) The Umbrella Academy Volume 1: Apocolypse Suite (Gerard Way & Gabriel Ba), 29 Gifts (Cami Walker), The Millionaire Mind (Thomas J. Stanley), May Cause Miracles (Gabrielle Bernstein), The Good Neighbor: The Life & Work of Fred Rogers (Maxwell King), National Geograhic Kids: Bees (Laura Marsh), National Geograhic Kids: Bees (Laura Marsh)*, Wicca (Scott Cunningham), Rising Strong as a Spiritual Practice (Brene Brown), Gratitude Daily (Nataly Korgan), The Millionaire Mind (Thomas J. Stanley)*, Hello, Universe (Erin Entrada Kelly), Bats (Gail Gibbons), Born Standing Up (Steve Martin), Your Best Year Ever (Michael Hyatt). Total: 15
- WATCHED: (episodes in parenthesis for shows; all others are films. * means re-watches; all others are things I’ve never seen). Monty Python & the Holy Grail*, The Incredibles 2, It Takes Two, The Unicorn Store, Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone*, Pretty in Pink, Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy (Mashed Potato Utopia), The Easter Bunny is Coming to Town*, Barbie: Life in the Dream House (Perf Pool Party & Trapped in the Dream House), August Rush* Total: 10
- ALBUMS I LISTENED TO: (*First time listening to this album!). Emotions (Carly Rae Repsen)*, Tommy (The Who)*, Aqualung (Jethro Tull)*, War Babies (Daryl Hall & John Oates), War Babies (Daryl Hall & John Oates), War Babies (Daryl Hall & John Oates), War Babies (Daryl Hall & John Oates), Can’t Buy a Thrill (Steely Dan), War Babies (Daryl Hall & John Oates), War Babies (Daryl Hall & John Oates) Total: 10
- Began my project of reading Newberry Medal books again!
- My favorite song this month is “If it Feels Good, Do It” by Ian Lloyd & The Stories.
- WATCHED THE TAYLOR SWIFT & BRENDAN URIE “ME” VIDEO FOR THE FIRST TIME & IT IS EVERYTHING. I seriously love the song & the uber-magical video SO MUCH.
- Sparky thought my sister threw his sheep onto the roof because she threw it onto the porch at the exact moment that a bird flew over the roof, so he was very offended trying to find it until my sister showed him it was on the porch. It was absolutely adorable!
- Sparky wants me to lie on trampoline with him in the mornings in the sunlight, & he will sit on the trampoline & stare at me & keep pretending he wants to come inside until I come out there to see him sometimes.It’s so cute.
- Found a wooly worm on the sidewalk that was being attacked by ants. I got the ants off of it & put it in a jar with some leaves. The next day, it sadly had died from the ant bites, but at least it hadn’t gotten eaten alive by anything.
- Found a barely-responsive brown anole lizard on the sidewalk with ants circling around it (yes, in Florida ants are out to kill anything on the sidewalk). I put the lizard in a bin on my back porch where it could get feeling better (& out of reach of homicidal ants) & so I could hopefully release it the next day. Surprisingly, the next day it was responsive & normal again, so I was able to release it into the wild!
- Molly, my pet Texas Gold Millipede, sadly passed away.
- GOT A PASSPORT FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!
- Organized my pantry a bit more & threw away some expired food.
- Cleaned up a lot more of my garage, & in the process found some items I’d been missing since I moved.
- Sorted my inventory for my business into better-thought-out categories to make it easier to find stuff.
- Started telling my hairdresser to cut my hair like Audrey Hepburn & I love how it looks!
- Had some great revelations about taking mini vacations throughout the year, & what those places might be!
- Taught my mom how to crochet!
- Had a very nice visit with my grandmother & aunt!
- Used the “Freeosk” at Sam’s Club, which is the first time I have used a Freeosk?
- Wore Hard Candy’s dark green mascara for the first time!
- Cleared more stuff off my computer hard drive!
- Used the window washer fluid at a gas station for the first.
- I couldn’t use my car’s AC for a while, so I had to adapt to the Florida heat with things like a necklace fan & having the windows open. It can be fun sometimes to have to come up with interesting solutions to interesting problems.
- Used Maybelline SnapScara Blue Mascara for the first time & now I use it every day!
- Made progress on increasing my net worth!
THINGS I PURCHASED
- BOUGHT A SHARK KITE & IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS EVER.
- My mom gave me an awesome, adorable lemon-print pouch!
- BOUGHT A YELLOW PLUSH EASTER RABBIT that was still available after Easter (I had been waiting on the price to go down on this specific one) so I got it!
- Got a PEEP EASTER BASKET at a garage sale, which is something I saw this Easter season while shopping but didn’t see any for a price I wanted to pay, but since I freaking love Peeps I was so happy to get this one for JUST $0.25!!!
- Also got a Peep rabbit-shaped sun dancer on clearance!!!
- Bought an iSpy book, a Small Miracles book, & an Enid Blyton book at the library book sale for a total of just $2!!! I sure do love library book sales.
- Bought a piranha-shaped Hot Wheels car
- Bought smiley face scrubbing pads for washing dishes & they are so cute!
- Bought a cute book about breeds of kittens at the library!
- Bought flamingo & pineapple shaped reusuable ice cubes.
- Bought some awesome Gildan shirts at Hobby Lobby in blue, medium blue, teal, orange, & red, which are (a) some of my favorite t-shirts that I wear all the time, (b) SUPER COLORFUL, & (c) just $2 EACH.
- Bought a lot more awesome colorful beads at the craft store.
- Got some great new rubber stamps featuring foods & animals mainly!
- My sister gave me the BEST Easter Eggs ever that had miniature dinosaurs, stickers, & kawaii erasers in them!!!
- Bought a light-up sign that says “GOOD VIBES” from TJ Maxx.
- Bought a new, shiny, holographic mermaid scale notebook for writing theme motto in each morning.
- Bought a copy of the “Crayola Epic Book of Awesome” coloring book on clearance & it is so adorable!
- Got some really great Easter rabbits on clearance! Got a lemon flavored one, a caramel one, & two white chocolate with sprinkles in the chocolate ones!
TRAVEL & EXPERIENCES
- WENT BLUEBERRY PICKING FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! Went with my Mom & sister to Bob’s Blueberry Farm in Hudson, FL & had such a great time!
- SAW A METEOR FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY ADULT LIFE as I was walking out to my car after work one evening. The timing of the Universe was perfect, as if I would have been walking out even a few seconds sooner or later, I wouldn’t have seen it. It was SO BEAUTIFUL & one of the best natural phenomena that I have seen! (pleased with myself too for spelling “phenomena” correctly on first try).
- On Easter morning, went out with my mom & flew my new shark kite in the field & it was SO MUCH FUN & such a lovely experience.
- Went to the Pasco County Earth Day event at Crew’s Lake Park. Got to see owls there & a cool alligator! Petted some cute rescue dogs including this super cute pit bull mix that snuggled her head against my leg & I just wanted to bring her home <3
- Also went blueberry picking at the same farm a second
- Saw “performance painter” David Garibaldi as the opening act for KISS at the Amalie Arena & he was amazing!
- Saw a glorious dog, a big black & white Great Dane with its gigantic ears flapping around as it stuck its head out the car window on the highway. It looked so happy.
- Excited to see a Twistee Treat ice-cream-shaped building with its roof lit up at night with small, beautiful, colorful lights.
- Saw a GORGEOUS sunset from the Courtney Campbell Causeway as I drove on it in the afternoon. The sun glowed, burning neon orange, above the horizon & it was so radiant.
Here are a few things I particularly liked about Eject the Autopilot:
Issue 14 of Ashlee Craft’s life-is-a-playground art & poetry zine, Ashlee Craft / Assemblage! Featuring an interview with guitarist Paul Bielactowicz, an essay about beating depression, & at 66 pages long, this issue has a ton of great art & images, all created by Ashlee Craft.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
letter from the editor 4 / what mike said 7 / you are just as afraid as I am 8 / hahahaahaah what I feel like doing 10 / funky snake 11 / I THINK I HAVE FINALLY CURED MY DEPRESSION 12 / african violet 26 / safe + wonderful 27 / metanoia 28 / the fun challenge of saving money 30 / in tune with energy 32 / a rainbow of music 33 / energy & dancing & magic 34 / be all there 35 / energy experiment in love 36 / no I’m not sad again 37 / our beliefs create our experiences 38 / never invisible 39 / INTERVIEW WITH GUITARIST PAUL BIELACTOWICTZ 40 / get happier 55 / don’t let it dull your soul 56 / purple is the happiest color (((good vibes))) 57 / relax & it gets easier 58 / sometimes there are flowers at sunset (COVER PHOTO) 59 / last year I cried 60 / make powerful goals 61 / THE UNIVERSE IS TROLLING ON YOUR BEHALF 62 / vintage spaghetti meme 65
PUBLICATION DATE: February 11, 2019
PAPERBACK 67 Pages
GENRE: ZINE – ART & POETRY
It shouldn’t be so hard to unsubcribe, but it is.
I feel guilty about unsubscribing from email newsletters.
Do you ever feel that way?
You’re checking your personal email account & there’s this one newsletter you just skip over when you see it. Like, it doesn’t even register in your mind when they email you anymore. Your eyes just skip past like it’s not even there at all.
One day, you realize you have a lot of unread emails. You take a closer look at them & see The Newsletter.
“Oh, I forgot I receive their emails still. Boy, there sure are a lot of them. All of them are unread.”
“When was the last time I opened one?”
Sometimes you only pay notice because the sender sends you one of those “Hey, let me know if you still want to receive my emails” emails, which typically inform you it’s been like a year since you even OPENED one, much less read it.
Or it’s a newsletter that has good information that has helped you in the past. Sure, you might open them, but you always make them unread without reading them so you can read them at some point in the future.
You say to yourself,
“There’s at least a hundred of these clogging up my inbox! I have 3,052 unread emails, but I feel like none of them are really important.”
You take a look at The Newsletter.
“Pretty boring. Why did I even sign up for it? Oh, that’s right. I got a free ebook if I did.”
You scroll down to the bottom to click the “unsubscribe” button. Should be pretty easy. You haven’t read The Newsletter in more than a year, the information is often mediocre, or maybe it’s a store you don’t really shop at.
But that’s when the sweat starts running down your face. Your finger or your cursor hovers, as uncertain as a chihuahua at an airport, over the unsubscribe button.
“But I LIKE supporting this company. If I’m not following them, this poor person is going to go out of business.” You say, if the email in question is the newsletter of a small business.
No, they won’t. You’re not doing them any favors by not reading their newsletter. All you’re doing is potentially costing them money if they have to pay for a certain number of subscribers, & making their send-to-open ratio a whole lot lower. If you’re not buying from them, & you never open their newsletter, you are not actually helping them, only feeling like you are. So unless it’s your mom’s business & you’re her only email subscriber, if you don’t open or ever buy from the newsletter, HIT THAT UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
“But SOMETIMES I learn something interesting.” You say, if the newsletter in question is informative.
Yes, you might. BUT ONLY IF YOU OPEN AND READ IT. You are literally learning nothing by staying subscribed to a newsletter you never read. NADA. So here, you must face a choice: either begin opening & READING these emails so you can learn what you should have been learning anyways, or HIT THAT UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
“But sometimes they have good coupons! I don’t want to miss out on a sale. What if they have something I might want?” You say, looking at the marketing newsletter from a medium/large.
A classic case of FOMO. You don’t wanna unsubscribe from the Groupon newsletter because sometimes they have sales you want to take advantage of. FINE. But if you never open the newsletters or never use the coupons they send (NEWSFLASH: probably because you don’t actually like shopping there are much as you think you do), YOU ARE NOT HELPING YOURSELF OR THE COMPANY. Also, especially if it’s a large company, literally hundreds or even THOUSANDS of people might unsubscribe from it daily. To them, you’re just a number. They’re not going to go out of business because you unsubscribed. No tears will be shed in the marketing department when you HIT THAT UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
Moral of the story: if you never read it, never use it, or don’t need to use it, HIT THAT UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON. No one who creates the newsletter is probably going to cry over you unsubscribing. There’s really no reason to feel guilty about unsubscribing.
And here’s the most magical part of all: if at some point in the future, you realize you miss the newsletter…
YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE TO IT AGAIN!
*cues balloons & confetti
And if you’re afraid of forgetting the newsletter, write down a list somewhere of what you have unsubscribed from.
You really have nothing to lose by unsubscribing. So how about you hit that unsubscribe button & experiment with not getting the newsletter, at least for a while.
Try unsubscribing. You might just like it.
OVERVIEW: Published one book, went on an epic Everglades mini-road trip, went on a “slough slog” in the Everglades, walked two famous Everglades trails, tried alligator meat for the first time, released three songs, published one short film, got my art displayed in a public place for the first time, released an unofficial commercial for Bugles, went to the Florida Strawberry Festival for the first time ever, tried world-famous strawberry shortcake, went on my first roller coaster ever, rode on a Dumbo ride for the first time, saw 8 bands in concert, tried shaved ice for the first time, read 11 books, paid off a credit card, bought my first marionette puppet ever, & MUCH MORE.
CREATIVITY & BUSINESS
- BOOKS: Published Charlie the Churro. TOTAL: 1. // Began writing several more books.
- SHORT FILMS: Released “The Power of Music & Food”, a short film featuring Shorty, my new giraffe marionette!
- INTERVIEWS: Did a podcast interview with magician & life coach Jason Gardner!
- MUSIC: Released three songs (I Know it Takes a Lot; The Daylight Savings Song; I Tried in the Night).
- ART: Released several new designs on SHOP Ashlee Craft, including “Neverland Rebel”, “Lucky Clovers”, “My Happy Place – Mrs. Tiggywinkle”, “Norwegian Lundehunds are Special & Magical”, “You Have What it Takes” dancing sloth, “I Love Myself” Sloth, Horned Owl Scientific Name design, & “I Hope Something Really Wonderful Happens for You Seen”.
- My art is displayed in a public place for the first time!!! This has been a huge goal of mine for a long time! My mom & I have our art displayed in a case at the New River Library in Wesley Chapel, FL! It features 3 of my books (Five Senses: The Nature Box Book, Sally the Kiwi, & Owls), two macrame pieces from Amy Craft Studio (my Mom’s Etsy shop!), plush owls & bees (including all the plush bees from my plush bees course, now with more than 550 students on Udemy!), a mini owl canvas, an original painting, a copy of my I BELIEVE poster, a macaron print, Life is My Playground pins, & a customized cupcake denim jacket! You can see a photo of it here.
- Published a cute vintage-style unofficial “commercial” I filmed about Bugles snacks!
- Wrote 15 poems.
- Inspired by Austin Kleon’s Steal Like an Artist, I began this awesome “Swipe File” on Pinterest! I’ll be posting images of things that inspire me & that I keep in mind when creating my own art projects.
- Put out a video finally detailing my experience with doing my first book signing & vending my first event ever!
- Applied for some more acting jobs!
- Began some new marketing campaigns.
- FUN FACT: As of March 14th, I have published a total of 91 BOOKS!
- Played around with some new marketing things, including more advertising.
- Went through my script for my first official music video & did pre-production work on it for the first time!
- Saw Willie Nelson & Family in concert at the Wish Farms Soundstage in Plant City, FL at the Strawberry Festival!
- The Drifters at the Wish Farms Soundstage in Plant City, FL at the Florida Strawberry Festival!
- The Coasters at the Wish Farms Soundstage in Plant City, FL at the Florida Strawberry Festival!
- The Platters at the Wish Farms Soundstage in Plant City, FL at the Florida Strawberry Festival!
- Steve Miller Band at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL!
- Bobby Lee Rodgers at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL!
- Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, FL!
- Sunny Sweeney at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, FL!
- TOP 3 FOODS: Orange juice over ice, chocolate in general, & SPARKLING WATER.
- TRIED ALLIGATOR MEAT FOR THE FIRST TIME! While I was on my Everglades day trip this month, I stopped by the Everglades Alligator Restaurant in Homestead, FL, & tried some! It tastes kind of like chicken but a little more like a seared sea scallop, & the restaurant was so cute! I sat by the big adorable alligator sculpture out front to eat mine.
- TRIED SHAVED ICE FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!! I have been wanting to try shaved ice for such a long time & I’d never had any before because things just never worked out so I was able to get any, any time shaved ice was available somewhere I was. I finally got some when I went to the Strawberry Festival in Plant City, FL! I GOT BIRTHDAY CAKE FLAVORED SHAVED ICE & IT WAS YELLOW & IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
- Tried some of the “World-Famous” Strawberry Shortcake at the Strawberry Festival & it was LITERALLY THE BEST.
- Drank a McDonalds Frappe for the first time ever! Also got fries. The Frappe was awesome & I had a really great & positive experience with the service there, which I wrote about here.
- Put Reese’s Peanut Butter Spread on top of some squares of a dark chocolate bar & IT WAS EPIC.
- Ate Hormel canned beef tamales for the first time!
- Ate a Sumo Citrus for the first time!
- Ate a “Sweet Griller Pepper” for the first time!
- Particularly good lunch: roast chicken lunch meat roll ups on soft tacos with pepper mayonnaise with chocolate cookies for dessert.
- Tried the Lindor Orange Dark Chocolate truffles for the first time!
- My mom made grits & they were so good that it was the only time I’ve ever actually enjoyed eating grits. Congratulations, Mom! (Also I put crushed Lays chips on them).
- My dad made a really awesome apple crisp & I loved it!
- The best thing my dad made though were chicken breasts that he grilled with just olive oil & salt. SERIOUSLY AMAZING CHICKEN!
- Ate Haribo Fruit Salad gummy candy for the first time!
- Bought a honey mango that was shaped like a Peep.
- Tried Chauo Bacon chocolate for the first time & it is SERIOUSLY some of the best chocolate! Been waiting to try this one for a VERY LONG TIME.
- Tried Wensleydale cheese for the first time!
- Tried Jarritos Cane Sugar Soda for the first time!
- Tried birch beer for the first time & it was really good!
- Went to Chili’s for the first time ever! Tried a queso burger & it was really good!
- Ate really good smoked cheese & smoked pork that kind of formed a salt crust along with turtle pie & some smoked grilled peppers!
- Tried Talenti Caramel Crunch gelato for the first time!
- Drank Gatorade G2 Raspberry Lemonade for the first time!
- Tried Yasso PB & Yay Frozen Yogurt for the first time!
- Drank La Croix’s kiwi watermelon sparkling water out of fancy glassware.
- Ate a Boston Cream Custard iced doughnut with SO MANY SPRINKLES at Target, which is the first Target doughnut I’ve eaten & it was really good! & did I mention I LOVE SPRINKLES?
- Tried Tastycake Scoop Shop Cookies & Cream mini doughnuts for the first time!
- Great lunch: baked sweet potato with steak sauce, grilled chicken with steak sauce, chipotle gouda cheese slices, & chocolate from a Christmas countdown (Despicable Me minion-shaped chocolate, no less!)
- STARTED READING: (* means a re-read; everything else is new to me) Manifest Your Destiny (Wayne Dyer), The 5 Love Languages (Gary Chapman), Feel the Fear…And Do it Anyways (Susan Jeffers), The Power of Now (Eckhart Tolle), #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur’s Take on Leadership, Social Media, & Self-Awareness (Gary Vaynerchuk), What If? (Randall Monroe), The Millionaire Next Door (Thomas J. Stanley), Mindfulness (Ellen J. Langer), Meatball Sundae (Seth Godin), Born Standing Up (Steve Martin), Your Best Year Ever (Michael Hyatt)
- FINISHED READING: (* means a re-read; everything else is new to me): The 1% Rule: How to Fall in Love with the Process & Achieve Your Wildest Dreams (Tommy Baker), An Audience of One (Srinivas Rao with Robin Dellabough), The Lessons of History (Will & Ariel Durant), The Total Money Makeover (Dave Ramsey), Manifest Your Destiny (Wayne Dyer), The 5 Love Languages (Gary Chapman), The Power of Now (Eckhart Tolle), #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur’s Take on Leadership, Social Media, & Self-Awareness (Gary Vaynerchuk), The Millionaire Next Door (Thomas J. Stanley), Mindfulness (Ellen J. Langer), Meatball Sundae (Seth Godin) Total: 11 (Up from 11 in February)
- WATCHED: (episodes in parenthesis for shows; all others are films. * means re-watches; all others are things I’ve never seen). The Umbrella Academy (Run Boy Run, Extra Ordinary, Man on the Moon, Number Five, The Day That Wasn’t, The Day That Was, I Heard a Rumor, Changes, The White Violin), Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy (Phone Cake), Extraordinary Interiors (S1:E1), Arrested Development (Family Leave, Self Deportation, Everyone Gets Atrophy), The Office (Dunder Mifflin Infinity, Launch Party) Total: 16 (Up from 11 in March)
- ALBUMS I LISTENED TO: (*First time listening to this album!): How Strange, Innocence (Explosions in the Sky), Don’t Forget (Demi Lovato), You Never Walk Alone (BTS)*, Destroyer (KISS)*, Enema of the State (Blink-182)*, Musas (Natalia Laforcade)*, Healing (Todd Rundgren)*, Bitches Brew (Miles Davis)*, A Wizard/A True Star (Todd Rundgren), Let it Bleed (The Rolling Stones)*, Dream Wife (Dream Wife), Let Go (Avril Lavigne)* Total: 12 (Down from 14 in February)
- Favorite songs this month: Feel it Still by Portugal. The Man, I Want Your Wonderwall, The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking Theme Song, I Can Fly by Rainey, I Think We’re Alone Now by Tiffany, & Paper Birds by Parachutes.
- Began using some new hot spot healing gel on Sparky to see if it helps his chronic skin problems.
- For Sparky, I switched him over to the PureBalance Salmon & Pea Dog Food, & he likes it! I like that it’s a good value dog food, & from what I researched, also very good quality.
- Switched Frogecoin, my Pac-Man Frog, over to a staple diet of nightcrawlers & my frog LOVES them! Set up a worm bin for nightcrawlers before eventually getting nightcrawlers that must be kept in my fridge for temperature reasons.
- SAW AN ARMADILLO IN MY YARD & IT WAS AWESOME!
- Planned my travel for this year!
- Had a really bad flare up of my seasonal allergies this year, complete with having a fever for almost a week & coughing for about two weeks. I took it easy, I rested a lot, the allergies calmed down outside, & I feel back to normal now!
- Went to a brand new Hobby Lobby store & got some great new t-shirts & cute sculptures!
- Researched a lot of logistics for making a lot of my big goals happen & pitched some people for big ideas.
- Planted watermelon seeds from a little kit I got!
- Implemented a new system for organizing my inbox that I think will really make organizing it more efficient! Article about this will come eventually after I’ve tested it more.
- Put on a glitter temporary tattoo of a cute French Fry & it was a lot of fun! I got these at the dollar store.
- Put new wind shield wiper blades on my car for the first time ever! (First time my car has had new wipers since I got it, & also my first time putting any wiper blades on any car).
- Set up another bookshelf in my garage, this one for storing & organizing some extra books that I want to keep & be able to look at, but don’t have room for in my house! (I have a TON of books, BTW, & I probably get at least a few new ones each month – I read & re-read them all!). Unpacked one box of books onto this new shelf & organized them.
- Got some samples & supplies at the hardware store for some projects I am working on.
- Cleaned up & organized a lot more items in my home, especially in my art area. Shredded & recycled a lot of stuff I don’t need.
- Set up a set of plastic storage drawers in my bedroom for organizing my jewelry! Put hair accessories/suspenders/necklaces in one drawer, earrings in the next, & bracelets in the last!
- Paid off one of my credit cards!
- Did a lot of lying on my dog’s trampoline with him on the back porch, snuggling with him & looking up at the trees & the sun.
- Realized I wasn’t shy as a child, it was just a mask I put on over time.
- While cleaning off my desk, I found both a black & a yellow ink cartridge for my printer, both of which I needed, & both of which I dreaded having to buy. Thank you, Universe!
- Sold stock for the first time & profited some by doing so!
- Used iron-on patches to fix clothes for the first time!
THINGS I PURCHASED
- Bought two new cacti! A Prism cacti & an Aalto cacti!
- Bought a croton plant!
- Bought a red triceratops Hot Wheels, which is one I don’t have yet for my collection!
- FOUND AN ALLIGATOR HOT WHEELS CAR for the first time ever, the day after I got back from my Everglades trip, of all times. IT IS SO CUTE.
- Bought a cute card with rabbits on it that I will use as a wall decoration for Easter!
- Discovered the glorious feeling of purchasing used paperbacks on Amazon, which are often cheaper even than the Kindle versions of many books!
- BOUGHT A BROWN + GLITTERY TY BEANIE BABY PLATYPUS & IT IS THE CUTEST. It makes me so happy!
- Bought some amazing plastic magnets from a booth at the Strawberry Festival! I got an orange sting ray, a colorful lollipop, & a flamingo! It was raining the day I went & the booth hadn’t had many customers, so the guy running the booth was really grateful that I had come to buy some stuff.
- Bought my first marionette EVER, named Shorty the Giraffe, from the MOST MAGICAL little booth ever (Omar Industries Puppets’ Marionette booth at the Strawberry Festival – see below under “Travel & Experiences” for more details!).
- Bought some new lemon-print shorts!
- Got a new paint brushes (which is always a nice feeling!)
- Bought two new plastic storage tubs for organizing my holiday decorations in my garage!
- Bought yellow & pink fuzzy Easter chicks at the craft store!
- Bought an awesome colorful set of hair bows, including a silver sparkly one, one with little rainbows, & more!
- Bought yellow & pink Lego’s, novelty socks that say “smooth snailing” & have a picture of a snail wearing a captain’s hat, novelty socks with flamingos wearing necklaces & high heels, novelty socks with fuzzy sloths, novelty socks with four-leafed clovers on them, a paint-able plaster snail, & sea green Crayola bath paint (which I then used for the first time, that night to paint an owl & a dinosaur in the shower) at Target!
- Bought a tiny plush sloth & a tiny purple plush alpaca at Target also!
- Bought a mini red ceramic dish, neon yellow & pink sequins, fruit-shaped rubber stamps, a cacti-shaped rubber stamp, & adorable fabric featuring owls, one featuring flamingos, & one featuring pineapples!
TRAVEL & EXPERIENCES
- WENT ON A DAY TRIP TO THE EVERGLADES TO DO A “WET WALK” or “SLOUGH SLOG”, which I’ve wanted to do for 2+ years, ever since I was preparing for my Epic Florida Road Trip. It was such a special & fun & educational experience. I drove the 5+ hours there & back in the same day. While I was in the Everglades, I also walked the Gumbo Limbo & Anhinga Trails, both of which are famous trails in the Everglades that I didn’t get to do the first time I visited. Oh, & I must note that I arrived at the place to do the wet walk tour just two minutes before the tour started, so I was really lucky on time! The whole trip though was fantastic. Tried alligator meat for the first time ever at the Everglades Alligator Restaurant in Homestead, FL!
- WENT TO THE FLORIDA STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!! The fair is such a freaking magical place, kind of like a hyper-reality almost, because it’s this magical world that exists as part of the actual, “normal” world. Took so many photos of magical things. It looked so magical, especially when everything was lit up at night. Skipped across the grounds. Tried the World Famous Strawberry Shortcake. Saw strawberry plants & their little setup showing an example of a strawberry farm, including tiny baby green strawberries & huge tractors! Went into the animal barn & got to see a bunch of cute rabbits, chickens, & SHEEP WEARING SWEATERS!!!!! Got to see the strawberry mascots! Listened to Mint Royale’s Blue Song on the way home & it was perfect.
- Saw the Pompeyo Family dog show at the Strawberry Festival! The dogs did some really cool tricks, & they were all so adorable & smart! So many poodles!
- Saw a pig race from Robinson’s Racing Pigs for the first time at the Strawberry Festival! They raced four types of pigs, including some cute potbellied pigs that jumped into a pool & swam across, BABY PIGS, & totally adorable young wild boars (including a really cute spotted one!).
- WENT ON MY FIRST ROLLER COASTER EVER! The biggest “roller coaster” I’ve been on previously was the dragon-shaped kids’ one that they usually have at fairs. I went on the biggest regular car roller coaster-style coaster that I’ve seen at the fair, at the Strawberry Festival. It was really fast & super fun!
- At the Strawberry Festival, I went through a fun house that I think has to be my favorite ever – a Jurassic Park-themed one with dinosaurs painted all over the outside! I LOVE fun houses & this one was amazing. It had so many different things to walk through, rollers you walked over, platforms to jump across, ladders & stairs to climb, one of those spinning tunnels you have to jump through without falling, & a big slide at the end. It had so much stuff to it & I LOVED that it was dinosaur-themed.
- Rode around in a gigantic spinning strawberry ride at the Strawberry Festival!
- Rode in a tiny yellow helicopter (a ride, not a real helicopter) at the Strawberry Festival!
- RODE ON A DUMBO RIDE FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! Seriously, I was so excited about this. I’ve wanted to ride a Dumbo ride ever since I was like three, but I’ve never been to Disney (GASP! Say all the Floridians) & I had never been on one. I got to ride on a purple elephant & I made it fly as high as it could the whole time & it was so magical & so fun!!!!!
- Discovered the most MAGICAL little booth ever at the Strawberry Festival: Omar Industries’ Puppets. Warm light spilled out into the darkness from a miniature room. On either side of the doorway, there were lit boxes with yarn marionettes magically dancing. I had seen the booth earlier, but didn’t want to buy anything until I was about to leave the fair. I knew before I even walked into the booth that I was going to buy a marionette. As I walked up, the guy in the booth showed me one of the multiple marionettes he was carrying around – a raccoon – & made it go over to a tiny food bowl, toilet, & more as he talked about “how to care for your marionette”, as though they were real animals. It was awesome. After looking around the booth & trying one of the marionettes, a giraffe one caught my eye. The guy at the booth really wanted me to remember what he had named the giraffe (Shorty, the star of my recent short film!) & in general seemed to be such an awesome person who really, really cares about marionettes. Super magical. I will totally get more marionettes from this business again! And I LOVE Shorty the Giraffe. It was just a super-magical experience.
- Watched a 4-H animal show for the first time! Watched one age class of young sheep being judged & it was interesting! I had no idea what was happening, & I walked in in the middle of the show, so I pretended I knew what was happening.
- Saw the biggest block of cheese I have ever seen!!! Walked up to the booth & said, “I just gotta know…how much does that cheese block weigh?” The guy said it weighed 40 pounds! (The kind of questions I have to ask…)
- Went on a local “Tour of Homes” & toured some really nice houses (worth $500k – $1.5 million!), the type that it’s my goal to live in in the future!
I recently had trouble finding a list of Tarot cards. I wanted one that was in order. And I wanted one that was, most importantly, just a plain list of the cards without the clutter of a bunch of definitions (because that makes the list hard to copy & paste if you just want a list of the cards). So I made this one! Hope it is helpful!
Scroll to the very bottom of the page if you want an unnumbered list of the cards, one which is perfect if you need to copy & paste a plain text list of the cards!
*Note that the numbers in parenthesis are the number associated with the cards’ technical place in the deck
- The Fool (0)
- The Magician (1)
- The High Priestess (2)
- The Empress (3)
- The Emperor (4)
- The Hierophant (5)
- The Lovers (6)
- The Chariot (7)
- Strength (8)
- The Hermit (9)
- Wheel of Fortune (10)
- Justice (11)
- The Hanged Man (12)
- Death (13)
- Temperance (14)
- The Devil (15)
- The Tower (16)
- The Star (17)
- The Moon (18)
- The Sun (19)
- Judgment (20)
- The World (21)
Suit of Wands
- Ace of Wands
- Two of Wands
- Three of Wands
- Four of Wands
- Five of Wands
- Six of Wands
- Seven of Wands
- Eight of Wands
- Nine of Wands
- Ten of Wands
- Page of Wands
- Knight of Wands
- Queen of Wands
- King of Wands
Suit of Cups
- Ace of Cups
- Two of Cups
- Three of Cups
- Four of Cups
- Five of Cups
- Six of Cups
- Seven of Cups
- Eight of Cups
- Nine of Cups
- Ten of Cups
- Page of Cups
- Knight of Cups
- Queen of Cups
- King of Cups
Suit of Swords
- Ace of Swords
- Two of Swords
- Three of Swords
- Four of Swords
- Five of Swords
- Six of Swords
- Seven of Swords
- Eight of Swords
- Nine of Swords
- Ten of Swords
- Page of Swords
- Knight of Swords
- Queen of Swords
- King of Swords
Suit of Pentacles
- Ace of Pentacles
- Two of Pentacles
- Three of Pentacles
- Four of Pentacles
- Five of Pentacles
- Six of Pentacles
- Seven of Pentacles
- Eight of Pentacles
- Nine of Pentacles
- Ten of Pentacles
- Page of Pentacles
- Knight of Pentacles
- Queen of Pentacles
- King of Pentacles
PLAIN TEXT LIST
The High Priestess
Wheel of Fortune
The Hanged Man
Ace of Wands
Two of Wands
Three of Wands
Four of Wands
Five of Wands
Six of Wands
Seven of Wands
Eight of Wands
Nine of Wands
Ten of Wands
Page of Wands
Knight of Wands
Queen of Wands
King of Wands
Ace of Cups
Two of Cups
Three of Cups
Four of Cups
Five of Cups
Six of Cups
Seven of Cups
Eight of Cups
Nine of Cups
Ten of Cups
Page of Cups
Knight of Cups
Queen of Cups
King of Cups
Ace of Swords
Two of Swords
Three of Swords
Four of Swords
Five of Swords
Six of Swords
Seven of Swords
Eight of Swords
Nine of Swords
Ten of Swords
Page of Swords
Knight of Swords
Queen of Swords
King of Swords
Ace of Pentacles
Two of Pentacles
Three of Pentacles
Four of Pentacles
Five of Pentacles
Six of Pentacles
Seven of Pentacles
Eight of Pentacles
Nine of Pentacles
Ten of Pentacles
Page of Pentacles
Knight of Pentacles
Queen of Pentacles
King of Pentacles