MAY 2019 IN REVIEW
OVERVIEW: Published 1 book, 2 new songs, 2 comedy videos, saw 1 concert, ate at 2 new restaurants, read 10 books, got a new pet Corydoras catfish, & went on a day road trip to St. Augustine with my family!
CREATIVITY & BUSINESS
- BOOKS: Published YEET: 51 Absurdist Comedy Examples of the Internet’s Favorite Word. Began writing several new books.
- MUSIC: Released 2 new songs – “Ask & You Shall Receive” & “Hard Times Blues“.
- ART: Released my new series of LGBTQIA+ Pride designs for my ACPride Series (the sales of which a portion will benefit The Trevor Project), officially released Bean Bag Buddies (which I invented & sold from my garage as a kid), & began painting canvases!
- Wrote 8 poems
- Released 2 comedy videos on Remarkable Comedy: “My Granola Bar Can’t Come to the Phone Right Now” & “True Story: My Mum Didn’t Get Me a Dump Truck For My Birthday – Chrissie the Talking Orange“.
- Helped my mom put some of her art on Etsy for the first time! You can find her stuff at AmyCraftStudio.
- Designed a book cover for a client for the first time! I did the cover for Stephen Lynch & Khaled Nassra’s Eject the Autopilot book because Stephen hired me to make it.
- Began doing research for the public art installation I plan on completing this year.
- Wrote an article about unsubscribing from email newsletters that I no longer enjoy.
- Saw David Crosby & Friends at the Capitol Theatre in Clearwater, FL!
- TOP 3 FOODS: Garlic aioli, pico de gallo, & sparkling water.
- Went to Burger King for the first time since I was a kid! Got a Burger King Crown. Ate a cheeseburger, some fries, & a slice of Hershey’s pie that comes in a little pie-shaped box!
- Went to Ford’s Garage for the first time & got the Ahi Tuna Poke Stack with Diced Avocados & Fried Won Ton Chips! I loved the Sinclair dinosaur sign they had in the bathroom.
- Got really good ice cream at Sweet Frog!
- THINGS I ATE FOR THE FIRST TIME:
- A sour orange!
- Got a Cosmic Coolata & a Cosmic Donut at Dunkin’!
- Got this good dragonfruit smoothie mix from the freezer section at Walmart & made really good smoothie bowls with it!
- A mini chocolate bundt cake from Walmart
- Juniors Caramels
- Wavy salted Pringles
- Got a McFlurry with M & M’s at McDonalds for the first time!
- Went to Twistee Treat for the first time! Got a medium fancy waffle cone with rainbow sprinkles & chocolate dip & pistachio ice cream. It was amazing!
- My/Mo Cookies ‘N Cream mochi ice cream
- A salted caramel cookie crunch Flurricane from Wawa
- A international brand of Papaya yogurt I can’t remember the name of the brand
- Kraft garlic aioli (I WAS OBSESSED WITH THIS)
- Talenti salted caramel truffle layered gelato
- Pico de gallo
- Pico de gallo over chicarrones
- Cherry Bubly water
- Orange Vanilla & Chocolate Lighthouse Fudge from the St. Augustine Lighthouse.
- Mango Bubly water
- Sweet tamarind candy
- Proyo Cookies N’ Cream frozen yogurt.
- Jimmy Dean egg, sausage, & cheese breakfast bowl.
- A gummy hotdog.
- Helped my dad make beef jerky for the first time! It came out good.
- STARTED READING: (* means a re-read; everything else is new to me) Letters to a Young Artist by Anna Deavere Smith, Mysterious Encounters: Unicorns by Elizabeth Silverthorne, Nature’s Children: Sloths by Josh Gregory, Be Obsessed or Be Average by Grant Cardone*, A Snicker of Magic by Natalie LLoyd, 33 Artists in 3 Acts by Sara Thornton, The Ecotraveler’s Wildlife Guide: Costa Rica by Les Beletsky, The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster*, Feel the Hidden Flowers by Ashlee Craft*, The Circus Age: Life Under the Big Top by Janet M. Davis. Total: 10
- FINISHED READING: (* means a re-read; everything else is new to me) Letters to a Young Artist by Anna Deavere Smith, Mysterious Encounters: Unicorns by Elizabeth Silverthorne, Nature’s Children: Sloths by Josh Gregory, Be Obsessed or Be Average by Grant Cardone*, A Snicker of Magic by Natalie LLoyd, 33 Artists in 3 Acts by Sara Thornton, The Ecotraveler’s Wildlife Guide: Costa Rica by Les Beletsky, Tips & Traps for Negotiating Real Estate by Robert Irwin. Total: 8
- WATCHED: (episodes in parenthesis for shows; all others are films. * means re-watches; all others are things I’ve never seen). The Dirt, The Mighty Boosh (Call of the Yeti, The Priest & The Beast) Total: 3
- ALBUMS I LISTENED TO: (*First time listening to this album!) Smooth Jazz Greatest Hits (Multiple Artists)*, Dave Brubeck’s Greatest Hits (Dave Brubeck)*, Highway 61 Revisited (Bob Dylan), Abandoned Luncheonette (Daryl Hall & John Oates), Sheer Heart Attack (Queen), Can’t Buy a Thrill (Steely Dan), Some Girls (The Rolling Stones)*, Sheer Heart Attack (Queen), Shout at the Devil (Motley Crue)*, Out of Step (Minor Threat), The Very Best of Todd Rundgren (Todd Rundgren)*, Bob Dylan’s Greatest Hits (Bob Dylan)*, The Runaways (The Runaways)*, The Earth of Not a Cold Dead Place (Explosions in the Sky) Total: 14
- Got a new pet Corydoras Catfish named Bean for my aquarium to be friends with my other corydoras!
- My leopard gecko, Squiggles, let me pick him up for the first time ever!
- My Pac-Man Frog, Frogecoin actually turned his head to look up at me while I was feeding him & it was adorable.
- Hung up my adorable “Kittens Screaming with Joy” card up on the wall of my room.
- Built a banker box for the first time (I’m going to use them to organize magazines & papers).
- Made this cool stained glass bee out of this kit I got at the store!
- Downloaded the Freeosk app for the first time! It is cool. I got a mini pack of caramel M & M’s.
- Changed the wiper blades on my Kia Soul for the first time!
- Used an amazing Renuzit in my room for the first time! It was rose, fresh cut grass, & lavender scented!
- Convinced my mom to give powdered laundry soap a try & she loves it now!
THINGS I PURCHASED
- Bought some cool books at the library! Got a book about hidden animals, an iSpy book (!!!!!), & the Gail Gibbons bat book which I freaking LOVE & had just read a borrowed copy & was hoping to find one to buy someday!!!!! (Especially the illustration of the tube-nosed fruit bat had me almost sobbing).
- Bought a toucan-shaped salt/pepper shaker!
- Got 2 new Beanie Baby owls that I didn’t have!
- Bought a pink alligator sculpture with plastic succulents on its back! It is really cool & cute.
- Got a new iPhone – an iPhone 6 – because I broke the screen on my last one & was tired of looking at the broken screen & dealing with its crappy battery life because I’d had the previous one for several years.
- Bought a colorful stegosaurus.
- Bought a metal flamingo wall hanging at Walmart.
- Bought 2 adorable magnets with photos of flamingos on them!
TRAVEL & EXPERIENCES
- Went on a day vacation with my mom & sister in St. Augustine! I’d been there before as part of my Epic Florida Road trip, so it was fun to share some of the things I saw the first time around with my family so they could enjoy them too, as well as see some great new things I didn’t have a chance to see on my first visit!
- We visited:
- Fort Mantanzas park (& got to visit the island with the fort on it, which I didn’t get to do last time!)
- The Castillo de San Marco
- Catherdral Basilica of St. Augustine (which had really beautiful stained glass!)
- The Old City Gates
- The St. Augustine Lighthouse
- St. Augustine Beach
- Saw the famous water mill!
- Saw the oldest schoolhouse in America!
- Walked through a lot of Downtown St. Augustine
- Saw a roadside dinosaur in Citra, FL
- Finished booking all my tours & other tickets I need for Costa Rica!
- Went to the Epperson Lagoon for the first time, which is a huge “lagoon” swimming pool!
You must be logged in to post a comment.