What I did the week of April 29 – May 5 to make my life awesome.
- Decided to live my life by this idea: “If I were living an exceptional life, would I do this?”
- Finished writing & PUBLISHED a new book – 50 Adorable Moose Facts!
- Cleaned a lot in my house to get ready for moving & to become more of a minimalist.
- Colored 3 pages worth of the illustrations for my upcoming Apple iMessage sticker app! Edited the images & began working on app.
- Published 2 YouTube videos (Episode 045 of The Ashlee Craft Show & a video of my dog eating a taco) using my new microphone, so the sound quality is much better!
- Watched Jim Rohn’s The Art of Exceptional Living
- Looked up some prices for travel plans I have for this year.
- Made a big list of goals for this year, a really nice updated one!
- Researched best disinfectants for reptile cages other than bleach.
- Did research on some more pet reptiles I’m interested in getting.
- Made 2 Instagram posts.
- Made 1 illustration for my upcoming book.
- Did a lot of editing on my Epic Florida Road Trip Book.
- Saw Bobby Lee Rodgers Trio, Blackfoot, Jimmie Vaughn, & Lynyrd Skynyrd in concert at the MidFlorida Credit Unit Ampitheatre.
- Worked on updating my Shopify store with new product categories!
What I did the week of April 22 thru 28 to make my life AMAZING.
- Worked a lot on revamping & expanding my Shopify store. Shoutout to the Shopify plugin Buddha MegaMenu for allowing me to make sub-sub-categories for my menu!
- Came up with a great idea for a new sticker app, which you’ll hear about soon! Drew all the stickers for it!
- Drew more illustrations for one of my upcoming books!
- Drew 1 new design & numerous illustrations.
- Made 5 Instagram posts.
- Practiced being more sociable, opening up to people more, & not over-monitoring what I’m doing when interacting with people (that’s been a big problem of mine for a long time).
- Helped my mom harvest vegetables from our yard. They were so good!
- Cleaned & organized all my craft supply bins to make it easier for me to find them.
- Had fun running around inside Life.
- Saw Carl Palmer’s ELP Legacy & Alan Parsons Project in concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall!
What I did the week of April 8 – 14 to make my life awesome.
- Published 2 YouTube videos (an episode of The Ashlee Craft Show & the first video in my Produce Exploration series, about Rome Apples). Made video intro for Produce Exploration show.
- Learned & did tons of research on dropshipping. Brainstormed a ton of ideas about things I want to try with this & new ideas for products. Read the Shopify dropshipping guide.
- Made list of companies I can do illustrations for.
- Made 1 new design
- Ordered the free Shopify card chip reader that plugs into your phone so soon I can sell things in person & not just online.
- Wrote & published 1 blog post.
- Connected with 1 new person!
- Made 4 Instagram posts.
- Added 24 new products to SHOP Ashlee Craft & released 1 new design on Society6.
- Sent out one marketing newsletter to my email list.
- Planned a new book I’m working on.
- Bought another awesome enamel pin from PinPartyPost for my enamel pin collection.
- Made 1 art collage.
- Sent an illustration to one person I want to connect with to add value to them & sent them a friend request.
- Bought some stuff I needed in order to make some new products I’ll be releasing soon!
- Saw Jimmy Buffet + The Eagles concert at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, FL.
- Cleaned a lot in my house to get closer to my minimalism goals, including 85+ books to donate.
What I did the week of April 1 – 7 to make 2018 awesome.
- Published 3 blog posts.
- Released 2 YouTube videos (Episode 041 of The Ashlee Craft Show & released my cover of Crowded House’s song ‘Archer’s Arrows’).
- Began editing the book I wrote last year about my Epic Florida Road Trip!
- Spent a lot more time sorting stuff in my house & garage to work on becoming more of a minimalist.
- Made 6 posts on Instagram.
- Reached out to someone successful in acting to ask for advice about agents, jobs, etc.
- Reached out to a company about them carrying the shorts I designed.
- Uploaded my new song Run Away to Soundcloud!
- Submitted my song Run Away to one website with the possibility of it being featured on their website.
- Drew 10 illustrations (nine of which are for a book I’m doing!) & 1 design.
- Wrote 1 poem.
- Put products with my Blobfish design on them on on Society6 Shop!
- Wrote 1 short story!
- Signed up for the Yes Supply Facebook group for female entrepreneurs.
- Asked five successful entrepreneurs that I respect immensely what their #1 tip was for how to get from obscurity to success & two replied!
- Created & set up my page on Patreon!
What I did the week of March 25 – 31 to make 2018 AWESOME.
Week 13 was very productive! I spent a ton of time cleaning & going through stuff in my garage & house, & I finally made the demo version of the shorts (that I put off for one year) & released the song I’ve been working on for two years!
- Released “Run Away”, the song I’ve been working on for two years on iTunes, Amazon, & other digital distributors!
- FINALLY made the demo version of my first-ever piece of clothing I designed, so I can begin on the next steps of actually getting it produced! I put this off for more than a year, so it feels great to have it done!
- Got rid of a ton more stuff I didn’t need. Sorted through 6 boxes of my stuff & only kept three boxes.
- Researched best websites to find acting jobs on & signed up with Actors Access.
- Edited more of the images to be used in my Udemy course!
- Drew 1 illustration & 4 designs!
- Made 3 Instagram posts.
- Wrote 1 poem.
- Did research on how to become a session musician.
- Published 4 blog posts!
- Did not do well on my eating healthy goals, but I did excellent on the exercise goals.
- Looked into some clothing items I’d like to get in order to help me look more like myself/my vision for myself.
- Published 3 YouTube videos.
- Signed up to be a brand ambassador for a sunglasses company that I like. Was approved!
- Looked into requirements for putting a course on Udemy just to make sure I do everything right while creating my first course!
Week 9 was a pretty good week, & I was able to tie up some ends that had been loose for a while.
- Published my Adorable Farm Animals coloring book on Amazon!
- Finished mixing the song I woke up with in my mind 2+ years ago, so after a few very small tweaks it will be ready to be released!
- Finished mixing my cover of Archer’s Arrows by Crowded House. I’ll be putting it up on YouTube as soon as I make two small adjustments.
- Published 1 YouTube video (The Ashlee Craft Show, Episode 036)
- Almost ready to officially launch one of my owl websites due to the progress I made on it this week.
- Made 7 Instagram posts.
- Spent a LOT of time cleaning & sorting through all the junk in my garage & throwing out stuff that doesn’t resonate with me anymore. Also hung up more clothes in my closet so they’re not just sitting around on the chair in my room.
- Wrote 3,000 words in the current novel I’m working on.
- Edited 51 Udemy slideshows for the course I’m making based on my 101 Ways to Love Yourself book. This is the first round of edits on the slideshows where I’m making all the quote images, doing a little text editing, & fixing some formatting.
- Practiced guitar 6 nights.
- Rode 2 miles on the exercise bike. Walked a total of 7.63 miles on the treadmill. Bought a lot more vegetables & fruits & worked on integrating them into my meals. Sorted most of my pantry & got rid of sugary foods that I don’t ACTUALLY want to eat.
- Published 2 blog posts.
- Figured out where I will be getting the base shorts for my shorts design, which will be the first piece of clothing I’ve designed. This means that soon, I’ll actually have some demo versions ready!
- Drew 2 new designs & 2 illustrations. Got one of my designs I did last year ready to be on posters & t-shirts, so those will be available soon!
- Sent interview questions to 2 more people.
- Read lots of high-level & educational materials, as well as did a variety of marketing things. Bought more craft supplies for my business.
- Wrote 1 poem.
- Published 2 podcasts.
- Read more of The Biology of Belief by Dr. Bruce Lipton & more of Be Obsessed or Be Average by Grant Cardone.
- Doing better on my morning routine. I slacked for a while after the beginning of January was over but now I’ve started consistently writing five goals down each morning after I’ve woken up & meditated. My morning routine still isn’t where I’d like it to be, but it’s definitely better.
A complete overhaul. A revelation while driving. That all this time, I’ve been focusing on the wrong things. Or at least, the wrong aspects of the right things. I’ve been trying to follow the feelings I’m “supposed” to want to follow. The things I thought I wanted to follow. Thought were the markers of being a “success”.
All along, those things never gave me a compelling enough “WHY”. I thought they did. “But that will be good when that happens!” I kept telling myself. But it was never enough. That’s where I’m still where I am. Then while driving, I had sudden clarity in what I really should be seeking. How I really wanted to feel. Why I was really doing any of this. That the things I wanted didn’t have to mean the same things to me as they did other people.
These are the hidden-treasure feelings that matter the most to me this year.
I want to stop hiding. I always hide. I look at the floor instead of at people. I hide behind my hair. Invisibility. I want to be seen but I also find it uncomfortable. I put on a cliche face & appear open but there’s a thick glass wall between me & everyone else. I’m tired of wearing masks. I’m tired of not being as colorful, as bold, as cool, as vibrant, as alive as I can be. I go out but I don’t want anyone to see me even though deep down, I crave being seen. I want people to know me. There’s nowhere left to hide. I want to be so authentic that when other people see me it makes them feel braver. I want to give them permission to shine like the brightest star too. I want to stop only posting manufactured, manicured posts to social media. I want to stop showing only the “perfect” things. I want to share what it’s really like. I want people to see who I really am. Even if they don’t always like it. I’m tired of playing small. It’s bullshit. I’m every color of the freaking rainbow, & I’m going to stop being afraid of showing it.
MASTER OF MY WORLD.
I want to be the master of my every moment. The master of my universe. To be the one shaping my world, designing & molding & manifesting exactly what I want. I’m tired of my subconscious fears & anxieties & limiting beliefs controlling what happens. They don’t know how to drive. I’m taking the wheel back from them. Taking away their licenses. My car, my rules. I want to create the kind of life for myself that I deserve. In sync with the Big Universe out there, co-creator & collaborative artist & lover. To both be the one in control, & the one creating & tapping into the flow that I effortlessly skate along. To let that flow guide me. To be able to create real magic for myself. To love myself, truly & deeply & completely. Like we did when we were children. Before we learned how to hate ourselves.
HUGE POSITIVE IMPACT ON THE LIVES OF OTHERS.
I want to be a really, really kind person. I want to be used as a force of immense good in this world. I want kindness to be the way I change the world for the better. I want to be the kind of person who gives huge tips at restaurants. The kind of person who shows up with a car filled with dog food & cat litter at the animal shelter. The kind of person who shows up & writes a huge check for a local charity. Who makes care packages for the homeless & handmade cards for lonely in the hospital. Who creates places & opportunities that empower other people. To do my part of throwing the starfish back in the ocean.
LIFE REALLY IS MY PLAYGROUND.
Life is supposed to be fun. I get caught up in the stress & boredom we’re conditioned to feel as adults. I fall down onto what they tell me adulthood is supposed to feel like. The drudge. The dreaded Mondays. No more time to play & breathe & explore. But they’re all wrong. Why was dancing invented if we were all supposed to be so serious most of the time? Why does it feel so good to be happy if we’re supposed to despise at least 33% of our lives? I want to lean back in the swing & look at the pure blue sky. I want to lie on my back in the meadow & see the shapes of dinosaurs & flamingos in the clouds. I want to sit at the end of the ocean & build a moat to protect the sandcastle, & I want to start each day with dancing. It doesn’t take any courage to hate Mondays or to be dragged into the rat race, but it does take courage to play.
COMPLETE FREEDOM TO LIVE THE WAY I WANT TO.
I started the year focused on becoming a millionaire. As if that was the be all, end all. But it never was enough to keep me focused. Something was always missing. I was afraid. If I wanted to succeed, I had to make my goal about HOW I WANTED TO FEEL & not just how much money’s in the bank. That’s what the journey is actually about. I want to know what it’s like to live my life exactly the way I want to. Because if you don’t have a foundation, where’s your hustle? Where’s your hunger to push through & make something happen if you become lazy in success? I want to build a life that’s mine & on my terms. Complete, beautiful freedom. The concept of “millionaire” is part of that, but not all. & “millionaire” doesn’t (won’t) feel the same to me as it does to numerous unhappy others. Money is amazing, but it alone isn’t solid enough without a good foundation under it. That foundation is the underlying lifestyle & story I’m going to design for myself. Otherwise you end up a stressed, cynical millionaire. & that’s not what I want to be.
I want to be free. What do I want my life to look like? What would my life look like in a year if I loved myself truly & deeply? How would I dress? What hairstyle would I have? How would I make money? Where would I live? How would I spend my time? It’s my responsibility to build the life I want for myself. Living in complete freedom is living like you love yourself completely, truly, & deeply. I want to make my life biggest, most beautiful art project.
I know I deserve better than what I have now. The road map is in my hands. I breathe out, I breathe in. I can’t exactly put it into words yet, but I know where I’m heading now.
Here’s what I accomplished in Week 3 of 2018! It was a great week.
- Bought another domain name, which I will be building a website on very soon!
- Made 20 slideshows for the Udemy course I am working on (it will be based on my book “101 Ways to Love Yourself“).
- Published 3 blog posts (The Seven Levels of Why, My 2018 Goal List, & Week 3 Accountability Update).
- Filmed clips for the first episode of my new YouTube show “Produce Exploration”, which is an educational show about various types of fruits & vegetables, what they taste like, & how to use them. The first episode is about Red Rome Apples, & the video should be up later this week.
- Put my 2nd custom jean jacket (“RENEGADE“) in my online shop!
- Wrote 1 chapter of the Tarot card definition book I am working on.
- Promoted my YouTube videos & original products on websites like Pinterest & Twitter.
- Asked another person for a blog interview. She said yes, & I sent her the interview questions.
- Networked with 5 new people!
- Downloaded DaVinci Resolve video editing software (I haven’t got a chance to use it yet).
- Made 2 new illustrations to be used as designs for t-shirts, posters, etc.
- Planned a farm animal-themed coloring book.
- Drew illustrations for my “The Seven Levels of Why” blog article. I’ve never really illustrated an article of mine before. It was a lot of fun, & I really like the end result.
- Recorded the bass guitar for my cover of the Crowded House song “Archer’s Arrows”. I hopefully will finish my cover of the song in the upcoming week.
- Put another design of t-shirts & posters on my website.
- Published the 10th episode of my podcast.
- Made & put out 2 YouTube videos – the 32nd episode of my weekly show, plus one pet video about my pet corydoras catfish.
- Finished reading “So Good They Can’t Ignore You” by Cal Newport. Started reading a book about Superfood snacks.
- Bought some of the supplies for the pet tortoise I’ll be getting later in February.
- Did excellent on my health goals – exercised almost every day, reduced my added sugar intake significantly, & ate at least five servings of vegetables six days this week!
I feel like I’m gaining a lot of momentum & making a ton of progress! I’m so excited to see how this year unfolds!